Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spring Fashion

Normally the sprucing up of my spring wardrobe consists of buying a new t-shirt and perhaps getting a hair cut. This year I decided to go all out and buy a spring jacket. The last time I bought a spring jacket I looked for the most functional piece I could find and ended up with a black, water repellent Columbia windbreaker. It has served it's purpose. I can wear it with greens and blues, t-shirts or button ups, khakis or jeans. It packs beautifully and has traveled the globe with me, seeing England, Australia, San Diego, and Nicaragua. But, this year I wanted something a little different. Going against my personal grain of buying a seasonal item during that season and not the after-season clearance, I found a new piece of spring fashion. I am now the owner of a bright green, knee-length spring coat. Given my history, you wonder "is it fashionable?" Well, yes it is. Having a personal need to wear something that showed a sign of spring, I wore my coat to campus today. Within an hour! four people commented on how much they liked my green spring coat. While you may think it was just folks trying to be nice, you should know that one of my commentators is one of the contributors of Steeples and Stilettos...clearly my coat is fashionable.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new coat, Sarah; I think everyone should treat themselves to a new coat every once in a while because we live in Minnesota and often times people do not even see what you are wearing under the coat. And I'm sure green is a beautiful color on you! Seriously, though, I think it is great that you treated yourself to that. I thought a lot about Mandy's post and her discussion of her "pre-mom" self, and I totally empathize and agree. And I don't think that those thoughts even have to apply to "pre-children" status; it could apply to any of us who have become engulfed by a situation in our lives that makes us lose sight of facets of ourselves that we don't want to forget. Where was I going with this: I just bought myself a new coat, too, and I am very excited about it! Have a great day, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized how much I rambled in that statement...sorry. In my own head the connection between Mandy and Sarah's posts was a lot more clear. :)

    ReplyDelete