Hello my 7th floor sisters, I am writing from the doldrums of winter with a 3,000 word essay needing to be written and I CANNOT concentrate! So, I'll write on the blog rather than tackle the identity of the Holy Spirit tonight. I am counting the days until I find out if I received a leadership award to fund our summer and to find out about internship placement. Hopefully, both pieces of information will come in the first week of April, until then I'm trying to just let go and trust...but the planner and worrier in me is having a hard time being quiet. I do know that we will be going back to Holden Village from June 4-25th (hurray!), the thought of living in a cabin high up in the mountains and making music every night sounds SO good to me right now. I am currently taking 6 classes (yes, that's way too many!), but in a week 3 of them will be done and then I will coast peacefully into spring. Being on campus this semester is proving to be not as smooth as I was hoping. Since all of my classmates are all off on internship and I was working at the hospital last semester I really don't know this community very well, so its probably a good chance to just focus on my home life and school work. Its kind of freeing to not be worried about an on-campus job or being a “good and faithful” community member, so I'm giving myself the permission to just do my school work, be a mom and that's it!
Micaela is becoming quite the little woman. She is on the verge of losing her first tooth, she got her ears pierced yesterday (her choice, she was WAY more brave than I was) and she had a pretty big break-through at daycare a few weeks ago. They now have a young man as an assistant teacher in her room and for the first week she just cried in the corner the whole time he was there (just 3:30pm until I got there). So her primary teacher and I finally had a conversation and with her teacher's help Micaela has “gotten used to Sam” which is HUGE for her! It started with a hand shake (she had to have her eyes closed), then he made her a paper airplane and they're bonded for life now! :)
Ok, I'm at least going to outline this paper...I cannot WAIT to post again in 3 weeks with oodles of information about the next year of our lives! (the picture is from a high ropes course we climbed -- all the way to the TOP of the Mall of America!!!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment