Hello, everyone! Mandy, I am so happy that you started a new blog; what a great way to keep in touch with everyone!
Sounds like you all had a fantastic time in Wisconsin. So sorry I missed it, but I am looking forward to the next get-together!
Mandy, I hope the first day back to school went well for you. I can't believe Anna is old enough that you are going back to work already!
We have been battling frigid temperatures this last week (I think it is -10 air temperature today; mind you that is not including the windchill!). So, this weekend, I decided I needed to get the kids out of the house and take them somewhere that they could burn some energy. So, we went to the McDonald's Play Place. And I think this might be the last time we go to the McDonald's Play Place. There was a little boy there who was probably about 4 years old who decided it would be fun to take his toy Monster Truck, which was probably about 2 feet tall, into the play place and send it through the tube slide towards my youngest child, which knocked her off her feet. Because she was not hurt, I brushed it off and thought, "Oh well, that must be a boy thing to do". And, the McDonald's employees had confiscated the monster truck. About 5 minutes later, I heard Addyson in the tube tunnels saying, "Let go of me". This same little boy had decided it would be fun to tackle her. The whold time, the boy's mom was text messaging. So, I asked the little boy, politely, to please let go of my daughter. The final straw was when Addyson came down the tube slide with a wet leg and said that the boy had peed in the tubes. I wanted to strip her down right there, but decided that might be inappropriate in the McDonald's play place (probably no more inappropriate than peeing in the tube slide). We went home and took hot baths and sanitized our bodies with hand sanitizer.
So, that is the most exciting (and gross) thing that has happened to us in the last week! Hope you are all doing well and staying warm! Love, Lindsey
No comments:
Post a Comment