How are all of you? Sarah's preaching got me thinking about how much I depend on all of you even though you're far away. Being a "servant" to each other can take on lots of meanings and just knowing you are out there makes me smile and feel so good! :)
So, life here has been hectic! I feel like there has been so much going on lately! I think that life is weird. Really weird. Trying to figure everything out is becoming SO far beyond me that I am starting to just go with the flow, which is new for me. This could be a good thing, but it is scary! Am I making any sense? Let's see...in the past year there have been a lot of changes for us! I started teaching elementary school again, cut back time at my job because I missed my kids, found out we were having baby #3, lost Breanna, started school, had Anna, found out David has Celiac's disease, learned what the hell that was, learned to cook differently, went back to school, discussed an infinite number of hours the now propable scenario where David quits his stable, well-paid job to be a rockin' but less well-paid (and less health-insured) church musician, have to decide whether or not to take BACK the time I gave up because I missed my kids, and now have idiot (I'm sorry I know that is rude) governor who is trying to undermine our jobs here and it is all SCARY...AAHHHH! I feel like sometimes I don't know which end is up, where I'm supposed to look for guidance, etc. I KNOW where I'm supposed to look for guidance, but it sometimes isn't easy when the rest of life, like feeding a family, keeping the house clean, laundry, trying to talk to my husband, and trying to be a good mom, wife, and teacher, etc. is also demanding time. As I contemplate all of this, I know it is normal to have most of this stuff going on, to have all of these thoughts. I am just really amazed at how complex life has gotten in the past 5 years. Wow. I am incredibly thankful for so many, many things, it is just mind boggling to me all these things we (as humans) have to think about and decide. It is crazy, really. Anyone agree? :)
Sorry, had to vent/contemplate.
As I look back at our old blog, it was easy to see how my life became so much about my kids and I watched my spunk disappear. I LOVE my kids with all of my being, and they, in reality, are what most of my life is about, but I am going to try to make my contributions to this blog more about us, me, etc. Not that I won't vent now and then or share funny things or weird things (like getting PEE on you at McD's? GROSS!) that happen, but I'm going to try to use this space to reconnect with you all and ME. Not the "mom" me, the "wife" me, the "teacher" me, but the ME me that I used to be...and still am. That me just gets lost sometimes. I know that's normal and okay, but I'm glad to have you all to remind me to come back once in awhile. :)
Man, this is deep tonight!
I might use some energy to do a little updating to our blog. I feel like the colors need to be brighter. I am also going to add a "links" section on the sidebar--any links you'd like to add?
You guys inspire me. Thanks for being here to listen.
Now, what is new with all of you? Come on!! :)
Love,
Mandy
p.s. Some pics to view...
Why do I love this so much? Look at my daughter loving
and trusting that goofy Sarah :)
The crew here for Anna's baptism. What a special day!
(and doesn't that baby look cute in Sarah's arms???)
Too bad Anna is pooped out...
A new one of the SWEET Miss Karley Becthold

No comments:
Post a Comment